Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why do people carry hate?

I was on FB this afternoon and discovered that Trisha F. now L. had blocked me from seeing anything from her, with the exception of a comment she might post. Gosh, how long can someone hang onto a grudge? It has to have been close to 20 years since I told her I couldn't afford to be in her wedding. She didn't understand that I couldn't afford over $500 for the dress and shoes for her wedding, let alone the three bridal showers and her wedding I was invited to that I was required to bring a gift to, which were all out of the town that I lived in. At the time, I was still in college, lived on my own in a small, but sweet cottage and didn't bring in that much money! I kept adding it up in my mind and agonized that I needed to tell my friend I couldn't afford to be in her wedding. So when I told her, she reacted badly and I never heard from her again. It was sad really and even more sad now. I thought people matured with age. I know my mindset has changed over the years. Holding onto something that long, is hurtful and sad. I feel sad for her. I would have loved to have caught up with her and laughed at the situation...oh well....She may not forgive me, but Jesus loves and forgives us all for eternity. That is what I am going to cling to as I continue to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment